Countertops are part of kitchen cabinets, using different material kitchen countertops will display the different effects in the kitchen. Do you want to know some knowledge about the kitchen countertops? Follow kitchen cupboards and doors supplier-Enrich tell you some special knowledge about quartz stone countertops.
The proportion of quartz in home kitchen cabinets decoration stone is getting higher and higher, especially the use of cabinet countertops is the most common in home decoration, and the problems exposed are more obvious, such as bursting and partial discoloration.
Kitchen cabinets quartz stone countertops are made up of more than 90% natural quartz and about 10% colorant, resin, and other additives to adjust adhesion, curing and so on.
The artificial quartz stone is formed by vacuum, high-frequency vibration molding, heating and solidification, its texture is hard, the structure is compact, and it is incomparable with other decorative materials (Mohs hardness 6-7 or above) and pressure resistance (density 2.0g). / cubic centimeter), high-temperature resistance (300 ° C temperature resistance), corrosion resistance, penetration resistance does not contain any pollution sources and radiation sources, green and artificial stone.
In this case, many people will wonder that the quartz stone can withstand temperatures up to 300°. Why does the heating container directly on the table cause cracking and discoloration?
Because the above-mentioned quartz stone plate material contains 10% resin solvent, it is prone to heat up and down when it is exposed to high temperature. It is easy to crack or the bottom mark of the container due to the sudden heating of the part, such as the expansion of the expansion joint.
Quartz stone manufacturers suggest that users should avoid using thermal insulation mats when the hot containers are in direct contact with the countertops.
Installation steps and precautions
1. Before installation, it is necessary to check the flatness of the on-site cabinets and cabinets and check whether the required installation surface and the size of the site are free of errors. If errors occur, it is necessary to re-process, trim or adjust the cabinet.
2. When installing the countertop, it is necessary to keep the distance between the countertop and the wall. The general gap is 3-5mm. The main purpose of retaining this gap is to prevent the expansion of the back surface and the cabinet. After the installation is completed, you need to apply glue to the gap.
3. If it is necessary to install a device such as a sink, firstly, some water dressing on the countertop should be partially repaired and tapped to check whether it is suspended. For some tiny suspended objects, we can add some glue to the bottom of the stone. For filling, for some serious unevenness, it is necessary to stop the construction and adjust the cabinet to a flat state.
4. For some L-shaped countertops or some extra-long countertops, some strong glass clamps can be used to clamp the countertop pressing gaps when necessary and must be cleaned for the gaps.
5. Evenly apply some coloring glue on the bottom of the water barrier of the cabinet to stick the water strip. Do not use the connecting gel such as marble glue to prevent sticking after bonding. The connection is too tight and the table is cracked or broken.
Guangzhou Enrich Building Materials CO., LTD.
We provide customers with quality products and provide high-quality services